Week 0: Blue Monday
- New year, new attempt at a personal website.
- A friend told me about weeknotes a long time ago and I’ve seen
folks post their own. I’m not sure I’ll have
enough to post regularly, but I guess that’s
- Apparently Monday was Blue Monday. This week I learned it’s a
maketing gimmick “invented” by a travel agency and there’s no real evidence to back it up. That’s a relief.
- We spent a few days up in Edinburgh seeing Friends and Family. We
didn’t climb up Arthur’s seat, but we ate a lot of food and drank a
lot of coffee. If you’re there you should definitely try:
- The Basement - great Mexican food, lots of Margaritas
- Innis & Gunn - a great taproom in Leith, the seafront district. Apparently they have other ones around Edinburgh
- Brew Lab - nice coffee
- Bento Ya - delicious Japanese food
- Liz’s friends have a cute dog.